Welcome to UMEA
- Jan. 18-20, 2018, UMEA All-State Band, Bingham H.S., concert: Abravanel Hall
- Jan. 18-20, 2018, UMEA All-State Orchestra, concert: Abravanel Hall
- Jan. 18-20, 2018, All-State Jr. High Band/Orchestra (New Event), location: Abravanel Hall
- Jan. 26-27, 2018, UMEA Jr. High Honor Choir, Lakeridge Jr., concert: Abravanel Hall
- Jan. 26-27, 2018, UMEA Men's & Women's Honor Choirs, concert: Abravanel Hall
- Feb 2 & 3, 2018, UMEA Professional Development Conference, Dixie Center, St. George, Utah
- Feb. 2 & 3, 2018, All-State Jazz, concert: St. George Dixie Center
- Feb. 5, 2018, Arts on the Hill Day, Utah State Capitol
- Feb. 22, 2018, St. Jr. High Jazz, Sky Ridge H.S.
- Mar. 20-21, 2018, St. Jr. High Orchestra, U of U Libby Gardner Hall
- Mar. 22-23, 2018, St. Jr. High Band, U of U Libby Gardner Hall
- Mar. 23-24, 2018, St. High School Jazz Festival, Murray H.S.
- May 5, 2018, St. Jr. High Choral Festival (new event), Snow College
- Apr. 28, 2018, State Solo & Ensemble Festival (UHSAA), locations: North at Northridge H.S.; South at Orem H.S.
- May 3-5, 2018, St. Band Festival, location: Corner Canyon H.S.
- May 10-12, 2018, St. Choir Festival, location: Libby Gardner Hall, U of U Campus
- May 17-18, 2018, St. Orchestra Festival, location: Orem High School
- May 19, 2018, St. Orchestra Festival, location: American Fork High School
Applications for the 2019 UMEA Mid-Winter Conference Now Available
Conference Performance and Presenter Applications
Handouts for 2018 Conference
for handouts and resources from the 2018 UMEA Mid-Winter Professional Development Conference.
Download instructions for UMEA Conference EventMobi app
EventMobi app download instructions
2018 UMEA Professional Development Conference On-site Registration Information
On-site conference registration information and schedule grids
Audition Excerpts for the new Junior High All-State Band and String Orchestra Now Available
Information about the 2018 UMEA Jr. High/Middle School All-State band and orchestra can be found at: www.umea.us/alljrband.php
Nominate someone to serve in UMEA Leadership
We are always looking for people that you think would make good UMEA board or committee members.
This year's (2018) election will decide the following positions:
Orchestra Vice President-elect
Jazz Vice President-elect
Elementary Vice President-elect
Contact Todd Campbell, UMEA President-elect, email@example.com to nominate an individual for UMEA leadership.
The 2017-18 UHSAA handbook may be found at: UHSAA Handbook
This is the full handbook. The music segment begins on page 116.
Join or Renew Membership in UMEA & NAfME
Joining UMEA allows members to receive support and instruction from the state's largest professional music-teaching association as well as membership to NAfME, the largest national music educators organization. Membership Benefits